Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Another Loss

I lost another hen yesterday. This time it was one of my beloved Silver Laced Wyandottes, Stephie. I'm mad. Stephie and her sister Ruth (named after two dear friends) are my two oldest hens, about five years old. They came from Ontario with me. I'm about ready to buy a gun and shoot the foxes! I've had enough of this shit! I get everything has to eat, but my featherbabies are NOT supper!

Stephie is the lovely hen that posed for the newspaper with me for my book review. Being almost five years old, she was only laying one egg a week, but damn, she was a beloved pet! She was one of my Ontario bitches. She was MINE!  I've gone past sad and am now just pissed! These foxes have started a war and they are NOT going to win! It doesn't help that my dogs are all seniors and seriously suck at taking care of the featherbabies. When I noticed Stephie was missing, I hollered for the dogs to come with me and hunt the forest. The only one to help was Taco! My canine security is now a chihuahua! My big Rottie/shepherd, Skully, doesn't like going outside anymore and I have to pry the pug off the couch! My new dog Ella (St Bernard/malamute), can't get here soon enough! Another 4 weeks to go! She's coming December 26-27. She's 3 years old and very protective and energetic. I need her here so badly! She actually hates being inside, so we love being outside protecting the featherbabies.


On a happier note, here's some cute pics I took yesterday

My silkie babes are getting bigger :)


This is my four Muscovy ladies- from left to right: Pringles, Skittles, Snickerdoodes and Nibs.



I'm still looking for a Turkey tom for Mindy. Since she is my only turkey right now (Gods! I hate those foxes!!!! GRRRRRRRR). she's been hanging with her coop mates, mama chicken Heckle and her babes, Jinxe, Marsh and Mallow. She's super protective of the silkie babes. 


Wishing you all a great day! I'll keep you updated on the fox situation! Hugs and love!


No comments:

Post a Comment