Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada day friends! I love Canada! Feel mighty blessed to live in such a great country!

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while. Been super busy with the farm. Here's some stuff that's been happening ...

As I have finally retired from dancing, I decided to stop colouring my hair blonde. I have been coloring it blonde for over 30 years. I'm sick and tired of all the fuss. My natural colour is brown, so I went for an auburn. As the roots come in, it should slowly change back to my natural colour. I spent 30 years keeping my appearance in way to make other's happy, i am overjoyed to finally get to do my hair the way I want to. I just can't be bothered with all the fuss anymore.


I saw this cute fella on my way to tow. It's the third snapping turtle I've seen this year


I managed to grow some rose bushes from seeds! Very exciting. I'm just letting them get a bit bigger than going to plant them in our front garden. I love roses. so beautiful!


My turkey Mindy hatched a chicken. We've named her chick Turkey. she's a proud mama and her and her Tom George are doing a great job caring for it. It's gonna be the toughest chicken around!


My puppy Toffee is getting big! She's already over 60 pounds! She's 6 months old today and is a giant trouble maker! I am looking forward to her being an adult!


chicks, chicks and more chicks! I have about 25 chicks at the moment! I want to sell eggs at the Farmer's Market next summer so need to add about 20 new hens to my flock. The breeding has been going great this year. Gonna file my taxes as a farm this year. :) 


Two Indian Runner ducklings. Some new lines to add to my flock.


My new Muscovy drake Crunch. Crunch was gonna be dinner for someone that lives down the street so I took him! I needed a new drake as mine is quite old (Another rescue) and fertility has been down this year. Crunch is gonna help take care of all my Muscovy ladies :)


This is Crunch, his lady Cookie and my old drake Rocky.There was  a few fights when Crunch first got here, but they are slowly working it out. there is more than enough room and ladies for both of them!


This little duckling is an American Black Duck. It's a wild duck I found. It went to the rescue "Hope For Wildlife".




No comments:

Post a Comment