Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Winter

Hi! sorry I haven't blogged in so long! Been super busy and not feeling the best.

My friend Melanie and I hatched out some winter chicks to help make up for the hens we lost to predators in the fall. At the moment, we have 9 barnyard cross chickens and 7 silkie chicks. Hopefully some of them are hens!


The guinea hens I got in the fall are doing well and have now joined the greater flock. They are funny little buggers :) I'm looking forward to a few less ticks this summer thanks to them!


This winter has been really up and down. freezing temps, lots of snow, then plus temperatures that melt it all away. Here's a photo of my best friend Taco in his snowsuit :) 


And here's a photo of Toffee. she turned one year old early Jan.  she's almost 100 pounds now! She's doing a great job helping to keep the birds safe. She chased off a coyote a couple of days ago! Such a good girl!


Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment