Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Vegetable Garden In

I'm overjoyed to say my vegetable garden is officially all in! The last two years it has literally taken me weeks to get my vegetable garden in as I had to dig up the whole garden by hand, but this year I got a piece of the farmer's field so it was wonderfully tilled for me! So much easier!

This year I planted carrots, green onions, yellow onions, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, two types of hot peppers, three types of lettuce, cabbage, potatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, two types of squash, corn, cucumbers, radishes, peas, yellow and green beans, pumpkin and a couple of other things.


My son helping me water the garden

Unfortunately, my two garden hoses are not long enough to reach the garden so we had to water it by bucket, not a lot of fun. I'll have to head out shopping and buy at least another fifty feet of hose. (A problem city dwellers don't usually have to deal with!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment