Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sick Hen

Today when I went out to check the hens and give them fresh water and food, I noticed Laverne, one of the Orpingtons wasn't acting normal. She seemed very lethargic and not her normal ornery self.

I picked her up and brought her inside, but she wouldn't eat any of the special treats I tried to give her. She did drink a little water.

She seems very blah and her one eye seems to be having a hard time opening. There are no wounds anywhere on her.

I checked to make sure she wasn't egg bound and I can't see anything outwardly wrong with her.

I hope she is going to be ok. I'm very worried about her.

Hopefully, she is just felling a little blue due to the long winter.

I gave her some colloidal silver encase it is an inside problem.

Laverne is the sable coloured hen in the photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment