Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Wood Stove and Asthma

I have asthma and have sensitive lungs (I had a bad case of bronchitis ten years ago and pneumonia three years ago). Since I moved here, I have had four lung infections; the first one was in August and was caused by mold in the back bedroom, the other three have all been in the last three months. Friday night, my breathing was so bad I had to go to the hospital. I spent almost three hours there with an oxygen mask on.

So, what is causing all my lung problems? The Doctor thinks the woodstove :( I think he is right, as every time I even smell wood smoke I start coughing now. It doesn't help that the ceilings are very low here, only about 8 feet tall, it adds to the smoke problems.

I spent yesterday googling asthma and wood stoves, and sadly the Doctor may be right.

What a huge bummer. I LOVE the wood stove!

If you are interested here is a good article on wood stoves and lung health:
http://www.familiesforcleanair.org/myths/

So, I have to limited my time near the wood stove ... no more sitting beside it to read, to play D&D or work on art (I was spending many hours each day sitting within a foot of it).

I had planned to move for April 1st, but I need to move for March 1st if possible. I started a Go Fund Me page as I could really use a helping hand coming up with first and last months rent. Sadly it is hard to make money when I cannot do my normal online work and I'm too sick to take many dances :(

My Go Fund Me Page

If you could help out a tiny bit it would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully I can get out of here for March 1st and get my life and health back on track!

Hugs and kisses!








No comments:

Post a Comment