Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2018

January

January is off to quite the start around here. We had a big storm here this week.  we had a "weather bomb". We went from -16 to +8 Celsius and back down to +1 in less than 48 hours. We started with snow that turned to sleet, which turned to rain. Here's a pic of my silly ducks out enjoying the snowy part of the storm.



We ended the storm with less snow on the ground then we started :) We lost power for about 5 hours and lost internet for about 7 hours due to the storm.

Saturday morning we got a couple of cm of snow and found some large footprint on the driveway. They do not belong to my dogs!


The prints look canine, but seem too big to be coyote and we don't have much for wolves around here, maybe a stray dog?


My cats killed this monster in the house this week! YUCK! It's a rat that was IN MY HOUSE! How horrible! Praying it was the only one, but realistically probably not :( Thank the Gods  for cats! My Chihuahua would also kill a rat if he saw one. At least I have brave protectors!


To add to the "excitement" of the week, I hurt my arm/wrist. Early in the week, I tripped while carrying the space heater. I crashed down to the ground and hurt my left arm and wrist pretty badly. My arm swelled up pretty bad and hurt like hell. I went to the hospital and they said I sprained my wrist :( Yesterday, Saturday, I slipped on the ice and fell and guess what I fell on ... my left arm/wrist of course! DAMN! My wrist is bruised and swollen.

I'm excited for the weather warm-up next week!Can't wait to be warmer!Hugs and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment