Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

New Puppy

So, i'm getting a puppy next month. already put a deposit on her. she's a Maremma Sheepdog/Labrador cross. 

I was suppose to get a Saint Bernard/Malamute cross from Ontario, but sadly all the rides I set up kept falling through, so instead I found her a wonderful home in Ontario. 

I really need a large farm dog as my big dog is quite old and won't be with me much longer. I need a large dog to help keep m featherbabies safe, plus one to help keep me safe! Maremma sheepdogs come from Italy and are a very no nonsense livestock guardian. The Labrador in her will help mellow her protective instincts a bit and make her a smidgen more friendly.


I'm dreading the whole puppy thing a bit, but I couldn't find an appropriate adult dog for a fair price here in the province; I'm getting the puppy for less than an adult dog would generally cost. At least with a puppy I can train it as I want it.


My puppy is two weeks old right now, just opened her eyes. I'll be picking her up near the end of Feb.



No comments:

Post a Comment