Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Mallard Duck

I finally got a new camera, so yay, photos again! I absolutely hate not having a good working camera. Not only do I love sharing pics of all my critters, but I need it for work! 

Two days ago, a new duck showed up at the house with my two girls, Molly and Polly. He's a cute dapper little fella. We are calling him Snoop Ducky Duck


Only problem, he's a wild mallard! 


Mallards are monogamous and he has hooked up with our girl Polly, and they are a couple now. Polly spends her entire day with him and is even leaving her sister behind. Thank goodness Polly can't fly so she can't completely run away with him! They seem to be setting up a nest down at the pond and we are expecting her to not come up to the house one night soon. So, we are going to end up with some Mallard cross ducklings. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I have no idea how'd we stop it anyways. As mallards are the parent of all duck breeds today (other than Muscovys), they can breed with any of the other breeds of ducks and can produce fertile offspring.




No comments:

Post a Comment