Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Spring Chores

It's fantastic that spring is here! However, spring means a pile of chores! We've been super busy fixing and cleaning things, and building things, and carting wood etc etc

We got a pile of free wood, which so far I've used to fix the porch, build a bench swing and the rest I'm gonna use to frame out the new turkey coop. The wood was located about 2km away and couldn't be reached via a vehicle (other than an ATV), so we've been carrying it home a few boards at a time. It's hard wood, but it's free!


I fixed the side porch with the free wood; the whole floor of the porch was caved in, so I rebuild it.


And build a bench of the swing. now I can sit and watch the pond :)


The rest of the wood is going to framing out the new turkey coop. If there is anything left after that, maybe I can make another bench

I've also been busy gathering dead wood from the forest. All the dead wood in the forest is  fire hazard and make it hard to walk in the forest, so by cleaning it up, I get fire wood, plus the forest is safer and more pleasant to walk in :)


I also made this for my fat old pug for when he's too tired to walk


However, the Chihuahua seems to like it more than the Pug! LOL!


And I made laying/broody boxes for the featherbabies :)


Sadly it looks like we've got a week of rain this week, so I won't be getting much done :( All this rain sucks

Wishing you all the best! Hugs and love!








No comments:

Post a Comment