Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

Chicks!

 Good day friends! sorry I haven't blogged for over a week :( I've been super busy! So, here's a photo of the chick from my last video. she would be 14 days old now. she's cute :)


Unfortunately 4 days after she was born, mama chicken gave up on the eggs and deserted them :( bummer. However, it is perfectly normal. Mama chickens usually only wait 3 days on the nest after a chick is born, so 4 days is better than norm. I candled the remaining eggs and as it looked like there was still life in a couple, we quickly made a DIY incubator. Wasn't sure if it would work, but what did we have to lose?!


Four more days passed and I was about to give up and one of the eggs pipped! WOW! I was shocked, and happy, but hesitantly happy, as I wasn't sure if the chick would actually be strong enough to hatch.


24 hours after pipping, the chick zipped! Holy crap! I was shocked! she actually did it!


And here she is 3 days old! I gave her a stuffed animal and mirror as she was lonely.


I waited another two days and was about to throw out the rest of the eggs and bam! look what happened! Another egg pipped! The other eggs sadly were thrown out as they were not good.


It's been almost 24 hours and the chick hasn't started to zip. fingers crossed! i'll let you know if she makes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment