Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Snapping Turtle

Look who showed up in the yard near the house ... a snapping turtle. A darn big snapping turtle. A really grumpy snapping turtle!



I noticed a hoopla near the side of the house and found this big fella surrounded by quacking ducks. I actually had a snapping turtle for a summer back when I was a little girl, so I recognized what he was right away. I also knew right away, that he is a serious threat to my critters and needed to go! Snapping turtles can and do take the legs right off ducks! They can also eat ducklings. not something we want here. We have small red slider turtles at our ponds and the snapping turtle could of eaten them too!

So, i picked him up and put him in a box, and we carried him a couple of KM away and put him a one of the huge ponds well away from us.

I love turtles, but he can't stay here. He's now at a much bigger pond and will hopefully be safe and happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment