Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Moving to Coe Hill





I'm very excited to announce I am moving in just five weeks! I am moving to 42 acres in Coe Hill, Ontario. Coe Hill is about 20-30 minutes south of Bancroft and about an hour north of Peterborough.

Since my very first trip to Algonquin Park I have dreamed of living somewhere that had moose and bears, deer and wolves. I have dreamed of living deep in the forest, surrounded by Mother Nature. Dreams really can come true!

It is going to be quite the exciting adventure. I have never lived somewhere like this before. The house is off-grid (it has solar panels and a propane generator for back-up). I hope it doesn't give me too many problems with running my electronics! It has a nice wood stove, so I'm certainly going to be warmer come winter than where I am now!

 There is a lot more animals there, which is super cool, but also a little scary. I am a little worried about my hens. I hope they all don't end up dead in the first week there! We plan on adding more hens to our flock and getting two female goats! We may also get some other livestock!

Below are some pics of the new homestead :)



No comments:

Post a Comment