Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

More Generator Problems, Friends and Dogs

Hi! Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days. I had some more generator problems and had no hydro, and then had some dear friends over for the weekend.

So, after the generator problems I had a week and a half ago (With it seizing and not being able to pull the cord), on Wednesday night last week, the generator died again. This time the cord pulled so it obviously wasn't the same problem. We took it apart, cleaned it and then tried it, and nope still wouldn't start. After several hours of cleaning and tests, we found it was the spark plug; it was dead.

Ok, so we need a new spark plug, that's easy, right? Yep, the feed store in Coe Hill gave me one for free. Damn nice people around here. Got that and then realized we needed a socket wrench to get the old spark plug out ... well, damn, we didn't have one of those. Made a few phone calls and one of my Cameron Road neighbours had one; however, he was out of town until Friday.

So no generator Wednesday night and all day and night Thursday, and no sun Wednesday and Thursday :( I was out of water (No generator, no water pump to fill up the water for the house) and only had enough hydro to keep a light on and to keep my cell phone charged.

Friday around 3:30pm the neighbour finally made it here with the socket wrench and bang! the generator was up and working in five minutes! Yeh!

So, the generator is working again, it sounds smoother than it has for the last month. Hopefully that takes care of all my generator problems!

A photo of the dead spark plug ...



I had a great weekend. My best friends, Stephie and Ruth came for the weekend, plus Stephie's love Mike, our friend Samwise, friend Isabelle and her new love James. Stephie and Mike have two wonderful dogs, Sheba and Mac. All the dogs got along wonderfully and had an amazing time running through the forest

Those be some very happy doggies :)







No comments:

Post a Comment