Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Raspberry Pi

In an attempt to lower my energy use, I purchased a Raspberry Pi. Well, technically, I gave the money to a friend who ordered it, set it up and then sent it to me. It's nice to have such great friends!!

I'm sure many of you are wondering what the heck a Raspberry Pi is ...

Basically it's a super small, super efficient computer tower. It cost about $80 and uses about 5 watts of power. I got it to replace the computer tower that was hooked to my TV to play downloaded movies and TV shows.

So, this photo is of the Pi all hooked up ....


This pic is of all the stuff my purchase came with


This photo is of the Pi in it's box. As you can see it's pretty damn small!


I could get another Pi to replace my main computer tower, but I would have to get a larger size as the one I got does not have the memory/ram for all my art programs.

So far, I'm impressed. It works great, was easy to get going and takes almost no power. However, if I had gotten it myself, I would of been horribly confiused as you have to set it up yourself (and I'm not the best at that kind of stuff). It does come with lots of directions.

You can buy a Pi on Amazon:

Here is the link for the Pi site:

If you are trying to save power or just looking for something small to replace your tower, I think a Pi is worth checking out!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Trish you are right about the raspberry pi, it is an amazing little computer and consumes very little energy so it would be perfect for your scenario! It will be interesting to follow how you use it!

    ReplyDelete