Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hurricane Matthew

Good morning Friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a nice Thanksgiving. I don''t celebrate Thanksgiving, but had a nice quiet weekend .. until yesterday. Hooo boy! Yesterday was quite the day!

We got hit with the tail end of hurricane Matthew yesterday. I had no internet from about 8am-2pm, and than had no power from 10:54pm-5:30am yesterday/today.

We got about 120mm of rain yesterday, plus 70-100km winds. Storm wise I've seen way bigger, but rain wise, holy cow Nova Scotia! WOW! That was a LOT of rain! Very cool!

Kappa Cove, the pond near the house, totally overflowed. The whole end of Piskie Point is submerged. I almost lost my cement bench to the pond, but thankfully my son moved it in time. The baby ducks had to be rescued and carried to the coop, but the adult ducks spent the day/night on the pond. One of my hens almost fell in the swelling pond, but thankfully I was able to grab her up before she drowned.

There was a pile of trees knocked down last night. We had to remove four trees from across the driveway this morning. I'm sure there are piles of downed trees throughout the forest.

I took a few pics of Kappa Cove yesterday:








Hugs and love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment