Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

New Internet

Well, I got new internet today. I sure hope it works better than the crap I had.

I had Xplornet. Xplornet is a satellite internet service. I was getting a whopping (insert sarcasm) 50 GB of bandwidth for $82 a month. For some reason I am yet to figure out, I would hit my 50GB limit within two weeks and than get my internet throttled for the last two weeks. I have no idea how we were hitting 50GB in two weeks! We didn't download anything! I think they were scamming us. It makes no sense! In addition, the internet goes out all the time here, its very frustrating.

I now have Seaside. It's a radio tower internet service. It's $50 a month for unlimited bandwidth. I have had bad luck with radio tower internet before, but I figured Xplornet was so bad, what did I have to lose!

Thankfully Seaside gave me a two week free trial, so if it sucks I can cancel and it won't cost me a penny! YAY!

$30 a month is a considerable savings and having unlimited internet would be sooooo nice! I really hope it works ok so I can keep it!

I expect that Seaside will be just as bad as Xplornet when the weather sucks. I expect Seaside to be just as slow as Xplornet. But I figure $50 for unlimited crappy internet is better than $80 for 50GB of crappy internet.

Fingers crossed!

Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment