Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

First Nova Scotia Snow

Yesterday we had our first Nova Scotia snow storm. It rained all morning and turned to sleet/snow in the afternoon. As you can see in the pics everything got covered with ice really bad. Now I understand why there are so little Maple Trees here; hard wood would snap too easy. Most of the trees pulled down by ice are birch trees so are bendable. Once I knocked the ice off they snapped back up. 

The storm was super cool. It actually thundered and lightening for several hours during the snow storm. How unusual!

Unfortunately I was not able to accept some work today as the fella would never of made it down the driveway. 

So, here's some pics. The first three are of my driveway. Most of the trees I have back up now.





This photo is of Turtle Lane. WOW! I have never seen anything like it before. It was breathtaking!


And Kappa Cove. It is completely iced over, though the ice is thin and fairly easy to break through.



You'd think I took the photos in black and white! Everything was so surreal this morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment