Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Cucumber Blues

My garden is doing great ... well, at least most of it ... My poor cucumbers are not doing well, they started great, but have been going yellow and many are round shaped. I thought they had cross pollinated with the squash, but after some advice from friends and much googling I found that that was not true. Squash and cucumbers are related, but not enough for them to cross pollinate. So, it must be an issue with the soil - not enough of a certain nutrient (or perhaps too much of a certain nutrient?)


This cucumber is very large for a cucumber, it was looking great, but about two days ago started to turn yellow. Its still nice and firm, just yellow


The cucumbers in these two pic are round and yellow.


I'm very disappointed, I was really hoping to make piles of pickles this year. I'm going to get some more seeds today and try planting them elsewhere, there should be just enough time for them to grow before the first frost. 




No comments:

Post a Comment