Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Harvesting and Planting

Today I officially harvested the last of one row of radishes. It still have two rows left, but they are definitely depleting quickly. As I found myself with an empty row, I figured I might as well get something else in. :) I had a friend, Braja, send me some heirloom Romano beans so I put in a row of them. What are Romano beans? I have no idea!! I know they are edible and fairly quick growing. If they grow, I'll google the crap out of them to find out how to harvest them and what to do with them. :)

The garden is doing fantastic and I have many things starting to produce veggies. I've been harvesting spinach, red lettuce, leaf lettuce and kale for the last two weeks (and of course radishes!). it looks like I should be able to start harvesting peas next week and beans the week after!

Baby peas and beans!!!







Pole Beans


Squash


Cucumbers 
Last year I erred and put the squash WAY too close to the cucumbers and ended up with squashumbers :O This year, I grabbed a brain and planted them in two separate gardens,  Hopefully I'll get lots of cukes this year as I want to make relish and pickles!


Stephie and Ruth - My silver laced Wyandottes. They are about 3-4 months old now.


Turkey vultures sitting on top of a dead tree across the corn field from me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment