Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Watering Hole and Gardens

All my crazy critters LOVE their new watering hole. We dug a hole for the kiddie pool so it wouldn't be so high for everyone. Now, the ducks can just walk into it and the chickens can get a drink from shore easily. As you can see from the photos, the water is already filthy dirty ... that's from a couple of ducks having a bath in it. We didn't put rocks at the one end so we'd be able to tip it over the drain it fairly easily. We also didn't put it 100% in the ground, so we'd be able to drain it easier. 


The only problem (other than the water getting dirty really quick, but that's what happens with ducks), is now the ducks aren't bothering to go to the real pond now! 


My garden is doing ok; not great, but not horrible. I've got some cucumbers an zucchini growing. 



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that your garden in the tires is working out so well for you, there is still a good month of growing season left for you guys to reap the harvest. I love reading about all the critters, kinda makes me long for a garden and critters of my own, as well as my cats of course.

    ReplyDelete