Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Making Friends

I was finally able to pat the little stray kitten yesterday! That made me super de duper happy! I went out armed with a can of tuna and sat on the front porch and waited for her to come, and come she did, no cat can resist the smell of tuna!

I was able to pat the kittens several times and check her sex. Yep, you guessed it, she's a girl. Damn.

Bottom line, girl cats are way more expensive to fix than male cats are, and if not fixed, she will get pregnant. If she decides she doesn't want to stay here and moves on, its one more unfixed cat that will get pregnant and give birth a crap load more kittens. Now it is super important for me to get her tamed.

I will continue to try befriending her and hopefully within a week or two, I'll be able to pick her up. If possible I will try to get her use to the house and litter trained. I have several wonderful friends who are helping me with an online auction to raise money to pay for her to get fixed. If we can at least get her fixed, even if she chooses to remain a wild cat, she will at least not be adding to the cat populations.







No comments:

Post a Comment