Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Autumn Equinox

Happy Autumn Equinox friends! I hope you all have a good harvest!

I am sorry I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks! Shame on me! I have been so busy getting ready for the Autumn Earth Gathering (It was this past weekend) that I didn't have any spare time.

Last week, I helped make an outhouse. It's pretty darn easy to make and I am quite confident I could easily make one myself. Three of us made one in about 4 - 5 hours. It's not pretty, but worked great. The property now has two outhouses (both built last week), it's a start.


The Autumn Earth Gathering was nice. It's always nice to share the harvest with friends and the weather was beautiful. Blow is a photo of the marketplace/registration/feast area



For the main Ritual, we thanked the Gods for the harvest and gave offerings of thanks to them. The offering were put in a pumpkin and burned with much ceremony in the revel fire Saturday night. The photo below sows the pumpkin burning.


October is almost here and the last campout of the year is done, it's time for us to focus on getting ready for winter; we still need to get a few more cords of wood, mark the maple trees, inspect the chimney, get the chicken coop winterized etc

Now that all the fest stuff is over, I promise to update more often! 

Hugs!





No comments:

Post a Comment