Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Missing Eggs

Eggs have been going missing from inside the hen pen ... Hmmmmm, I wonder where they are disappearing to?

Yesterday afternoon I saw one in the pen, figured I'd grab it when I put the hens to bed, but when I went out at 8pm to put them in my coop it was gone!

Where'd it go?!

There is no egg shells or yolk or anything in the pen, so I don't think the hens ate it ...

There is a raven that hangs out near the cage and is always going over to it ... can a raven pick up an egg and pull it out of a cage? Maybe a skunk, raccoon or something?

Maybe a neighbour?

 ... I was writing this post and got a dance, so "pushed save", and got ready for said dance. I had my son check the hen pen before he left and there was TWO eggs in it. I did the dances (all the curtain drawn of course), finished the dances and now there is just ONE egg!

Where the hell is the other egg? Again, no egg shells or anything in the pen!

This is quite the mystery!

Yesterday, I thought for sure it must be an animal, but now I'm seriously wondering if it's a neighbour!

Next dance, my son is going to not go to Fredericton, he's gonna go sit somewhere where he can watch the hen pen unseen. If neighbours are stealing my eggs there is going to be hell to pay!

Three more weeks to go and I'm off to my wonderful 50 acre forever home! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment