Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Enjoying the Pond

Spring has finally sprung! the snow has melted and the ponds are quickly unfreezing. The small front pond, Kappa Cove, is now about half unfrozen. The ducks have been really enjoying it.

This is a pic of my Saxony Drake, Goobels and the three Indian Runners, Yacko, Wacko and Dot.


Here's a pic of all the ducks (but the Muscovies) enjoying the pond. As you can see there is still ice on some of it


Us humans decided to enjoy the pond too! My son and I took the new inflatable raft out for a trial float. We were learning how to paddle. 


And of course my Chihuahua Taco had to come with us too! He is excellent in the raft.


The ducks were not impressed with us invading their pond, but didn't get aggressive or anything. Once my son and I get the whole paddling thing down, we'll try the big back pond!

It is so awesome having ponds less than a minute from the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment