Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Gardens, Broody Chickens and More

Hi! hope you are all doing fantastic!

We've been busy, busy, busy getting the gardens in ... and we are finally done!

The front garden in this pic is the main garden, it will have tomatoes, peppers. corns, carrots, beets, radishes, onions and turnips. The back garden in the pic is the bean and pea garden.


The garden in this pic is the lettuce garden. It has several different types of lettuce, spinach etc planted. The tires you see in the background are my mound. They are filled with dirt and have cucumbers, watermelons, pumpkins, several different types of squash and cantaloupes.


Hyde, the chicken in the box in the pic below, has been sitting on her eggs almost two weeks now. Only one more week to go till the eggs hatch. I moved her into the house as the other hens were harassing her and it will be much safer for the chicks. However, I did not know about the whole exploding ungodly poop thing. Chicken poop is generally not a big deal, it doesn't have a huge smell and is cleaned up easily. I did not know broody hens were different. As they don't poop while sitting on the eggs, they only poop once a day and when they go, wow! they go! To my surprise she exploded the most smelly disgusting poop everywhere! It was really really really bad! Oh boy! Not fun! I'm not looking forward to cleaning up one a day for the next week!


This pic is of Dirty Girl. She is on day 5 of egg sitting. I'll have to move her into the house in a few days. Guess what that means ... yep, more broody hen poop! Gods help me!These hens better make me some cute chicks! Dirty Girl is also hopefully hatching some duck eggs for me.


This is Dexter looking extremely smog after bringing home a good sized rabbit. I was not too impressed that he decided to eat it on my front porch. Yuck!


One other awesome thing: My "Memoirs of an Exotic Dancer" is now available on Amazon and on Barnes and Nobles! YAY!

The craziness never stops around here! LOL!

Have a great weekend friends!

Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment