Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Recycle, Reduce and Reuse

I think you all know I'm a crazy environmentalist. I try my hardest to follow the three Rs as much as I can: Recycle, Reduce and Reuse. I recycle everything possible. I compost. I try to pick products with minimal packaging. I try to limit my shopping and not have piles and piles of "stuff". I dry my clothes on the line. Wash clothes in cold water etc etc etc.

I also try to reuse and repurpose old stuff, so it doesn't go to the landfill. I found a beat up old double stroller in the shed here and instead of throwing it out decided to repurpose it. I took all the baby seat stuff off and found two old bins that fit perfect. I drilled holes in the bottoms of the bins for drainage and then fastened it on the stroller with ties. The whole thing took me about 30 minutes, It works great for moving sticks, stones, leaves, dirt and of course dogs :)

So, here's a pic of my son Travis and Taco and Buddha. It worked great. I used it during the afternoon to move wood and it was perfect. Even went over the grass pretty good. I was planning on buying a wheelbarrow this month, but now I don't think I'll bother :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment