Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Chicks, Jam and Homemade Soup

Heckle (chicken) sat eggs for 30 days. Nothing hatched. We took her eggs away and gave her all new ones. She sat the new eggs three weeks and look what finally happened for her!! She has a baby! :) YAY! After 50 days of sitting on eggs she finally has a baby and we have our first chicken hatchling!
Not sure if more eggs will hatch. We'll have to wait and see. We've been having some fertility problems as we've only got one rooster that is actually having sex and trying to service over 20 ladies himself is really hard. Fingers crossed a couple more of the eggs are fertile!


During the weekend, i started my jam making. Choke cherry jam complete! In a day or two, I'll make the blueberry (than blackberry, raspberry and than lastly hawthorn berry)


I also made a big pot of delicious homemade veggie soup on the weekend! It's got tomatoes, beans, peas, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, mushrooms, corn, carrots, zucchini and sweet potatoes. I made some delicious egg salad sandwiches to go with it :)


I also did some wildcrafting during the weekend. I went to the lovely pond in the photo below. Found a few bird feathers and lots of freshwater clam shells (which are already listed on my Etsy store). I also found a small bird nest, but when I got home, I left it on the kitchen table and one of the cats sat in it and crushed it :( Damn cat, good thing he's cute!


Check out my Etsy store to see all the cool stuff I've found wildcrafting. 


Wishing you all a great day! LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment