Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

Silkie Chicks

Since all the chicks died, but the one little black and white one, I had to go out and buy two chicks. Sigh ... this whole buying chick thing is really counterproductive to my whole saving money by breeding my own thing. Unfortunately, i cannot have just one chick. Once the chick hits around two months old, mom will leave it and then it will be all alone with no close friends/siblings. It would get picked on and be horribly lonely.So, I got two silkie chicks to go with it. Silkies are an adorable, small, very tame breed. Honestly, it's not a breed I wanted to add to my flock, I prefer larger more aggressive chickens as they aren't preyed upon as much, but pickings are slim this time of year and it was a choice of drive 40 minutes and buy silkie chicks for $8 each or drive 2 hours and pay $7 a chick for barnyard mixes. 






They are ridiculously cute! They make wonderful friends for my black and white chick and hopefully they are both female and will become part of my Frizzle Fonzi's flock. If you cross a Silkie and a frizzle you get a Sizzle (It's like a designer dog breed )

Hugs and love!



No comments:

Post a Comment