Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Only Ten Days to Go!

Only ten days to go till I move! I am so friggin' happy and excited! This winter has been a nightmare, I am so glad to get back to normal hydro and heat! My lungs are getting worse by the day, I am so looking forward to breathing clean air again! I just hope I can make it ten more days without having to get another round of steroids for my lungs. People with asthma should not live in small homes with low ceilings with wood stoves!

I ended up at the hospital Saturday due to severe eye irritation. I thought I had an eye infection and as I am blind in one eye, its pretty scary when there is something wrong with your one good eye. I have never had an eye infection or irritation in my life! I bet you can guess what it was caused by .... yep, the woodstove! Both my eyes are pretty red and swollen right now, but the Dr gave me some eye drops and they are getting better. Again, I just need to get away from the woodstove!

Saturday was crazy cold here; it got to be -43 overnight! We stayed up overnight to keep the woodstove going strong and even put on the propane heat ... it didn't help much. Below is a pic from the window of my son's bedroom, taken Sunday morning. Yep, all that ice/frost/snow is on the inside! Perhaps this place is more of a three season house than a four season house?


I spent yesterday packing and taking pics of things I can sell (and posting ads on Kijiji). I am still struggling to make moving money :(  It sucks selling stuff, but staying here sucks more! Sadly it's going to cost about $1200 to move, and that's without most furniture.

If anyone can help out with a bit of a donation, I do have a Go-Fund Me page going:

Any help, even $10-$20 would be greatly appreciated!

I am super excited to get to New Brunswick and start a whole new adventure! I already have the internet called and ready to set up Feb 28. I still had to go with Xplornet, but got a way better deal, 200GB for $60 instead of 50GB for $70 that I have now.

It's snowing here today, so I am off to shovel the driveway. Have a great day all!

Thank you so much for all your support and love! Hugs!
Trish












No comments:

Post a Comment