Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Loch Ness Pond

In preparation for my guests that are coming in August, I have been scouting out the back pond as i need to put a path to it so people can go swimming and fishing. 

This pic was taken from the house side of the pond. It shows the small creek that runs into the pond. From what i can tell it runs from Loch Ness Pond to Kappa Cove.


I used this tree to come over the creek to get to the far side of the pond


This pic was taken on the far side of the pond. I'm standing on the shore, so the pic shores the shoreline of the house side of the pond.


I'm about 3-4 feet into the pond. The water is abot 3/4 way up my rain boots.


There are freshwater mussels in the pond.


This pic and the one below shows the "shore" or "beach" of the far side of the pond.



 Another pic taken from the far side of the pond of the side of the pond closest to the house
.

 More shore from the far side of the pond.


The creek I crossed on the way home. I went further from the pond to cross and found the creek gets very small and easy to cross.


This is what I've managed to map out so far:
I have been adjusting the map as I explore more of the land. Sadly there are no path that go into the back of the property so its hard to explore.I'm working on putting paths in


Loch Ness Pond is a trout pond :) I got a couple of cheap used fishing rods today and plan on doing some fishing tomorrow!
Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment