Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

New Glasgow and Missing Cats

Greetings friends! I hope you are all doing fantastic!

My string of bad luck continues. My sweet cat Mabel that went missing last week is yet to return and now my beautiful long haired munchkin kitty Jasmine has disappeared. She went out Monday afternoon and never returned. I am just heartbroken. I really loved those cats. I fear my property is in someone's hunting range and something is killing my beloved kitties. It's just crushing me. I've lost three cats in two weeks. (One died after having a seizure and the other two are MIA). The whole thing is very strange as none of my ducks or chickens have gone missing. You'd think a predator would go after them, not the cats. I'm gonna try setting up some camera on the property, maybe I can catch a glimpse of the culprit. I have two more outdoor cats, I'm so scared to let them out. I'm terrified if they go out they won't come back. Unfortunately telling an outdoor cat they can't go out doesn't go over well. :(

Something is going wrong with my water this week. Monday, I woke up to no water. Called the landlord and he sent a plumber. Plumber said there was a problem with the electrical panel in the basement where the pump is plugged in and fixed it. Now today, Thursday, we got no water again. Looks like the exact same problem! Obviously the guy did not fix it correctly ... grumble, grumble. So now today, i gotta waste my time sitting around waiting on the guy to come back. Not impressed!

Yesterday, Travis and I rode our bicycles into New Glasgow. I love our location so much! We have a trail about 3 minutes from the house that runs all the way to New Glasgow. It's really nice to not have o ride on a busy street and fret over the cars, and the trail is gorgeous. It goes by lots of lovely ponds and forest. Yesterday on our ride,w e saw deer, a mama bear and cub, and a muskrat.

Here's a google map. The bike trail is in red. There is even a tunnel that goes under the highway so you don't have to worry about crossing it :). It took us just over an hour to bicycle there and that's with us walking about half the time. Unfortunately, I can't ride up hills as my lung capacity sucks, so we walk up hills and ride when it's flat or downhill.


Wishing you all a great week!! I hope mine improves! Hopefully the missing cats willl return home!





2 comments: