Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Photos from the Day

Some photos from the day

This delicious salad is full of lettuce, basil, dill, parsley, clover, grated apple, zucchini, grated carrot, hard boiled egg, cauliflower and fresh picked blackberries. Sound good? It's for the turkeys! :) They LOVE their greens!


This grumpy face belongs to Mr. Pickles. Mr. Pickles came to me a few months ago when his elderly owner passed away He's OLD, about 16-18 years old. He's blind in one eye and missing half his tail, and is suffering from kidney disease. He spends his days sitting in my kitchen and ever leaves it (he goes between a kitchen chair to the table to the dog food bin). We call him Mr. Pickles Peedhispants, cause ya, you guessed it, he has some bladder issues. About once a day, the poor old guy pees on the chair :( We put a litterbox under the table for him, which has helped a bit, but sadly he's just really old and in fairly bad shape). I'm not sure how long Mr. Pickles will be with us as I think he'll be leaving this life soon, but until he does we'll give him all the love and compassion we can. We've been using some herbal remedies (Parsley, coconut oil, hawthorn berries and colloidal silver) to help his kidney problems. We've seen an improvement in his bladder control and his eyes are less cloudy.


Here is my quack pack enjoying their new pool. They barely go to the pond now that they have the little pool. I guess they are too lazy to walk to the pond now when they can splash near the house. It at least keeps them safer. I always worry about them walking down the driveway alone!


And my turkey poults, Mork and Mindy, getting bigger! They are now about 6-7 weeks old. They are starting to go out alone during the afternoon now. 


To help protect my featherbabies up near the house, I strung string from the house to surrounding trees and then hung CDs. They should *hopefully* help to stop the hawks and eagles. 


And lastly my two Muscovy gals, Mama Muscovy and Figgy, still sitting on their eggs. I *Think* we are getting close to hatching time! Hopefully this time we will actually get little ones! We are yet to hatch anything this summer, so fingers crossed!


Wishing you all a wonderful day! hugs and love!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's very interesting to me that the ducks prefer the tiny pool to the big pond. I would have thought it would turn out the other way around.

    How often do you change the water in the little pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are changing the water daily as the ducks are so messy by the end of the day it's a giant mud puddle. We use the dirty water from the kiddie pool to help water the garden (which is strategically 10 feet away from the pool). Due to the kiddie pool, the ducks are going to the pond once every 2-3 days now (the pond is about a 2-3 minute walk away for them). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete