Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Mr Heater Review

This is my Mr Heater propane cabinet heater. It hooks up to one of the large BBQ propane tanks. The heater has three settings- low, medium and high, and produces some serious heat. It came 98% assembled, all I had to do was put the bottom on and the wheels. The wheels actually work pretty good. There is a small propane smell when the heater is used, but the heater has a low oxygen shut off, so if the oxygen levels in the house drops too low the heater will immediately shut down. I also have a CO2 detector just to be extra safe.

This heater makes about as much heat as a woodstove does. It is super hot when you are close up, even the cats sit at least two feet away. If you get too close you will get burnt! It is hot and would start a fire quickly if something touched it. 

It's a great warm heater, but definitely dangerous and needs to be taken very seriously. I would not suggest it for a home with young children. I would recommend it for my off-grid friends in need of more heat and for my camping friends.

The Mr Heater cabinet heater cost about $200


 This is the back of the heater. As you can see the propane tank fits nicely in the back. It was super easy to hook up.


This is the Buddy Mr Heater. It takes one of the little cans of propane (which can get pretty expensive), you could also cheat and get the hook up hose to use one of the big tanks of propane. I haven't use it yet, so cannot give a review on heat produced. It looks a great size for camping. The Mr Heater buddy heater costs around $120


This is the electric space heaters I usually use. I like them cause they are nice and safe. The cats can actually sleep right against it and not get burnt. These heaters cost about $0.10 an hour to run and do a solid job keeping a room moderately warm (not super warm)


No comments:

Post a Comment