Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

New Rescues

Good day wonderful friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I got two new rescues on Sunday, a dog and cat combo.The dog is a three year old Beagle/Husky cross, and the cat is a two year old grey tabby. The dog, Lulu is a real sweetheart, very gentle and kind, but she is very poorly trained and very hand shy. She's nervous around fellas as her original owner (who was a guy) hit her.

Sigh ... if you need to hit a dog to get dominance you are doing it wrong! I have been doing dog rescue a good twenty years now and I have NEVER had to hit a dog ! NEVER! And I take in problem dogs! Dogs require a solid dependable pack leader. A dog should respect you, not fear you. The moment you hit a dog you went from respect to fear. If I can retrain an adult dog with aggression issues without ever hitting the dog, there is absolutely no reason everyone else cannot raise and train a puppy without violence.

So this is Lulu. She's a cutie. She's just a bit taller than my Pug and weighs about 40 pounds.


And this is the kitty. She doesn't have a name yet (I wasn't told her name when she was dropped off)


They are both awfully scared right now. It must be horrible to be taken from your home and dumped off with a stranger :(  They'll take a week or two to settle in, but they'll be fine. They are now surrounded by love :)

Have a great Monday! Hugs and love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment