Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sprained Wrist and Another Missing Duck

Well, yesterday was a bit of a bad day for me.

In the morning, I went down to the front pond to break the ice in the "duck pool" area (the "duck pool" is a kiddie pool size area that I have been breaking the ice on daily so the ducks can grab a quick swim. ). We had about an inch of snow overnight and I misstepped and stepped onto the thin ice area and boom, I went straight through into the pond. Damn

I now know that the pond is about 3 feet deep about 2 feet from shore.

Falling into the pond sucks, but it's not the end of the world cause the house is only a 30 second walk away. Unfortunately, I hit my wrist when I fell and woke up today with it badly bruised and swollen. I think it's sprained, but not sure. I put ice on it and have now wrapped it. If it gets worse, I'll head to the hospital. It's definitely not broken.

To make the day worse, Peanut, my last Muscovy girl has disappeared. Mama Muscovy and the new duck Figgy are still there, but Peanut is gone. We searched all over yesterday, no signs of struggle, no blood, no feathers, nothing.

I have no idea where she went :( I'll of course keep looking!

These Muscovy ducks are killing me. They are really hard work. The ducks in general are WAY more work than the chickens are.

Sigh ... good thing they are so cute.

Hope you all had a nice Holidays! Hugs and love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment