Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

A Rough Week

I had a horribly rough week last week. I'm glad it's a fresh new week, full of great potential and possibilities!

Last week, my pug Buddha got very ill and had to go to the vet's. :( He has fluid in his lungs (see the video on my last post). he sounds much like me when I get sick; he can't breath well, starts coughing if he moves, and has to lay around, staying still all day. The vet gave him some pills, so he should be better in just a couple of days. However, due to his age and breed, he will have lungs problems now for the rest of his life. He can no longer go outside on really hot days (just like me!).

My new internet company totally messed me up by taking their money without giving me any notice. I got my internet hooked up with TNC on the 16th of last month. They never told me what day they would be withdrawing their money. I stupidly assumed they would send me a bill (cause you know that's what a normal company would do). Nope, they just took the money from my account on the 5th, no bill, no notice, nothing. As I was not prepared and had just paid my rent and hydro bill, I didn't have the money for it, so it bounced and I got a $48 NSF charge. Gee, thanks. I called TNC and complained. When I asked them why they didn't send any type of notification, they said their workman forgot to get my email address. I guess calling me or sending me a bill via the mail was too hard for them. So their workmen screw up and I pay $48 for it. Doesn't seem very fair to me, but what else is new. Companies are always screwing me over, it's sad :(

I had a dental accident on Friday last week. Have to go to the dentist this week. That sucks badly. Due to the accident, I'm unable to work (offline) till I get things taken care of. Damn, that's hurts. :(

My roosters, Wally and Stalin, got into a big fight on Friday. Stalin is a year old Rhode Island Red and Wally is a two year old silkie. Wally was the head rooster, Stalin is the head rooster now. Wally isn't taking it well. He won't eat and he won't hang out with the other chickens now :( He just hides in the bushes and sulks. I talked to some chicken people on a Facebook book I'm on and they tell me it's normal. Some roosters don't take being dethroned well. I hope Wally snaps out of it. I care about him very much.

On Saturday, my new Muscovy Skittles went down from a niacin deficiency. It's extremely common in ducks. I read at least five posts a week on my duck /chicken Facebook groups about it. My older ducks do a lot of foraging so get niacin from the grass they eat, sadly the two new Muscovy ducks don't. Thankfully, I knew the signs and got her to eat some niacin rich food right away and she's ok now.

Last week was one shit things after another, it sucked.

However, a couple of good things happened last week; my book review was in the Herald (see two posts down), got a couple of Etsy orders and my beloved Pug is going to be ok. Honestly, all that really matters is my Pug is going to be ok. I would of been devastated if I had lost him. He is my world.

It's a brand new week. I'm sure it's gonna be better! Wishing you all the very best! Have a great week friends! Hugs and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment