Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Silver Appleyard Ducks

I got two lovely Silver Appleyard ducks today. They are 4-5 weeks old. Someone here in Thorburn was selling them and I just couldn't resist! I *think* they are females (can't be 100% sure at this age). I have three drakes for eight females, so wouldn't to add a couple more ladies to help prevent fights. Duck are thankfully super easy to ass to the flock, especially females. They were part of the "quack pack" in minutes.

This is Molly and Polly



My turkey poults, Mork and Mindy are doing fantastic. They are growing and still looking very healthy. They love herbs, so have been eating basil, dill, parsley and rosemary daily, plus day lily petals


After the goshawk attack, I decided I need a distance weapon, so I got out my slingshot. I'm not a gun person. Think they are stupid. I prefer a bow or a sling. A sling is quick and easy, and ammo is everywhere.

And lastly my chicks are now about 5 weeks old and out free ranging. I'm nervous, but they gotta get use to their flock. They'll be sleeping in the big coop by the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment