Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

July 31

Well, it's the end of July already. WOW! where did the summer go? Here's some photos of stuff going on around my place :)

The turkey poults are almost a year old and went outside (in the dog pen) for the first time ever. They really enjoyed it. taco and I sat beside the cage to ensure they stayed safe!


We now have a lovely blue heron living in the front pond! He's very beautiful.


My son Travis and I made our first blueberry pie ever on the weekend. It doesn't look perfect, but it tasted great!


Figgy and Mama Muscovy have set up a nest in the back corner of the house behind some old window panes. Not the best place for a nest. It's not very safe :( I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about it. I would really like them to hatch eggs, but a safer nest location would be great.


The Choke cherries will be ripe soon. I made jam last year, it was good, but a bit too sweet. I'm gonna try again this year :)


My new ducks, Molly and Polly, are doing well. they are so cute!


And lastly, a seldom seen photo of a Saxony duck laying an egg on top of a Leghorn Chicken, cause when you gotta lay, you gotta lay.
The poor leghorn was being crushed to death, so we had to remove the Saxony (right after we took a pic of course!)


No comments:

Post a Comment