Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

New Brunswick Weather

When I got here to New Brunswick three weeks ago, there was basically no snow, and for the last two weeks there has basically been no snow. There has been lots of rain, clouds and wind, but not much for snow. Until this week ....

This week, Mother Nature decided we needed some snow before spring kicked in. Over the last three days, we've only gotten about five inches of snow (so nothing horrible!), but its enough to cover everything in a snowy white blanket.

Compared to south western Ontario (during the last three weeks), New Brunswick has been considerably colder, wetter and snowier. However, compared to where I was living in central Ontario (in Coe Hill), the weather has been pretty well the same (maybe a tiny bit colder, but not much). The last three weeks in Coe Hill would of been horrible with all the near freezing temperature rain; in Coe Hill, rain with near freezing temps means tons of ice. The driveway in Coe Hill would of been brutal! At least here, my driveway only take 15 minutes to shovel and its not a sheet of ice!

I am looking forward to experiencing all four seasons here in New Brunswick! From what I understand, New Brunswick does not get the humidity during the summer the way ontario does, which should make it much more enjoyable!

Here are a couple of pics I took on Wednesday. The first one is taking from my front porch and the second one is of my back yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment