Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Rats

Jo, one of my cats, caught and killed a RAT last night IN the house! EEEK! As you can imagine, there was much screaming (On my part!).

I was headed for bed and Jo ran in front on me and squeezed in behind the fridge, I heard a bunch of noise, and boom, one dead rat. Jo did not want to give up the rat and there was much running, growling and yelling to get the horrible thing outside.I ended up staying up about two hours extra cause you know ... yuck a rat!

So, here's a few yucky photos ...




Most cats will not kill rats, thankfully, I have barn cats that are Bengal crosses. They are tough cats (I have two brothers, Mo and Jo). They have chased off a Fisher and multiple foxes, and will hunt anything smaller than themselves. 

I hope this one rat is all of them! I have to admit, I am a little freaked out about a rat in the house; rats are way worse than mice! Yuck! I have never had a rat in the house before, only mice.

So, thankful for good tough cats! 

Hugs!



1 comment:

  1. That must have been quite a shock for you, especially right before bed! At least your faithful cats are there to lend a hand. I used to have a few outside barn cats who liked to leave "presents" for us. Talk about a shock! At least it would shock my wife awake every time!

    Danny Lawson @ Rat Busters Florida

    ReplyDelete