Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Privacy vs Convenience

Well, I have been living in New Brunswick almost three weeks now ... so far, so good. The province seems nice enough. However, I am just not sure about this whole neighbour thing.

For seven years I have not had a neighbour and honestly I loved it. No neighbours is a darn nice thing! Now, I have two neighbours, one on each side of me. Not liking it much.

Neighbours make me feel uncomfortable. It makes me feel like I am constantly being watched. It makes me feel like I have to be extra quiet. I feel like I should dress properly and brush my hair before going outside. It makes me feel judged.

My neighbours also suck when it comes to pets. My one neighbour complained about my hens as they went on his property, so now I have them locked in the barn till I can get fencing up for them. That sucks hugely! I don't want to fence my hens. :( I like them free ranging. The other neighbour has an old dog that they just let wander freely, which means the dog is walking and pooping all over my lawn, and upsetting my dogs. Not fun. The neighbour that complained about my hens is also coming on to my lawn to tap my maple trees! Really? I had planned on tapping them! He had them tapped when I got here, but didn't even ask me if it was ok to come onto my property daily to gather the sap. So, he freaks when my hens step foot on his lawn, but he thinks its ok to come into my yard daily ... I'm not a fan.

However, as much as I am disliking the neighbours, I am enjoying the convenience of living here. I have a variety store a ten minute walk from home, which is really nice; for the last seven years the nearest variety store has been 1-3 hour walk away. I get garbage pick up here; have had to take my own garbage to the dump for the last seen years. The nearest large city, Fredericton, is only a 15 minute drive away; for the last seven year they nearest big city was 30 minutes to one hour away.

I gotta admit, I am loving the convenience of living here! It's be prefect ... if I didn't have neighbours.

So what's better privacy or convenience?

For me privacy. As much as I like the convenience of living here, the neighbours ruin it. I have already started checking Kijiji daily to find a different house to rent, one with no neighbours and lots of privacy. One where my sweet hens can free range, one where my dogs are not being constantly upset by another dog in their space, one where I can go outside looking like a complete idiot and not have to worry about anyone seeing me.

I will definitely be staying in New Brunswick (at least for a couple of years). I look forward to exploring this great province!

Hugs and kisses!





No comments:

Post a Comment