Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Good and the Bad

Happy weekend all!

My weekend has been both good and bad.

Friday, I officially announced that the Happy Hippie Haven was open for business as a pet rescue. Three hours later, I had someone in need contact me. At the time, they had two foundling kittens under four weeks old. Sadly, by the time they got here with the kittens, the one has already passed away.

So, this is Dingus.


Dingus is almost four weeks old. Sadly his mom and all his siblings died. He's a pretty healthy little guy and I guarantee he will live There will be no dying on my watch!! He's a fireball of a kitten and is ready to take on the world! He enjoyed spending some time outside yesterday. I watched him extra careful as he's so small, he's prey.

The bad of the weekend is that my very fav hen, Little Lennon was murdered. My poor little sweetheart was found beheaded and gutted in the woods near the house. My cat Mo has a serious puncture wound on his head from a tooth. He fought whatever killed Little Lennon. My heart is broken. I adored that sweet little hen so much. I could actually ride my bicycle with her in my arms. She followed me everywhere and can running the moment I called her name. She was the tamest gentlest hen I've ever had, and I only had her two months. The poor little sweetheart didn't even get a chance to lay an egg :(

We believe that the murderer was a stout or fisher (which are weasel type animals). It was not a fox or a larger predator as they would of carried away the dead body. My other two adult cats were not home yesterday (They were out and about adventuring). They returned home last night and this morning. The brother cats Mo and Jo will kill it if it comes back around today. The two of them took out a Fisher when we lived in Coe Hill, Ontario. (Fishers normally kill cats, but Mo and Jo are tamed wild cats and not cats to mess with, especially when they are together)

Here's a couple of other nice photos I took yesterday

This is Dexter. The kitten I took in two weeks ago. He's about 4 months old. He's on lock down in the house today as he could be killed by a stout/fisher.


Mama Muscovy duck spreading her wings, enjoying the pond.



And one more pic of Dingus. He's sitting on my son's feet :)




Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment