Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Black Kitten - Inka

About three days ago, my cat Ripley brought home a friend - a little lack kitten. The little fella is pure black with a tiny white patch on his chest. I would guess he's about 10-12 weeks old. I fed the kitten as he was obviously hungry and put some wormer in his food as its important that kittens get dewormed. The kitten is very shy and would run away every time I cam near, but would always come back.

For the last three days, the kitten has been sleeping on my porch (he has claimed the chair as his own), eating with my cats and hanging with the hens. My cats and the hens seem to have totally accepted him as part of the household ... yet, I still can't get near him!

Yesterday, the little bugger even jumped up on the window sill and meowed for food!

I have been slowly working on being able to get close enough to the kitten to catch him, but he still won't let me get closer than five feet away. I would really like to catch the kitten to ensure it is wound free, to start taming it and to find out what sex it is. I really don't want an unfixed female cat hanging out here having kittens! Not cool!

As,it doesn't seem right to keep calling him, "The black kitten", he (and I say he, cause I'm praying he's a he!) will hence forth be known as "Inka"

Hopefully, I'll have good news to report about Inka in a day or two!


Rollie and his new friend Inka


Inka stealing corn twist that I had thrown out for the hens.



No comments:

Post a Comment