Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Homemade Swing

So we finally got around to putting up a swing! I love swings they are so relaxing and fun :)

The swing is adult size, so its big enough for larger adults. I'm thinkin', I need to make a cushion for the seat so it more comfie. Maybe I'll cut up a yoga mat and have it so it Velcros on and off.


The swing seat came from a bench that got broken at a party last year. The rope is climbing rope that was donated by a kind friend. The rope is strong enough to hold 500 pounds, so it should hold if a couple of drunken friends try to use the swing together - cause you know they will! We just drilled some holes in the seat for the board


We hung the rope on a very sturdy branch


Its wrapped around a couple of times to ensure it was safe


I was having fun swinging on it :)


My son Travis, not so much! He doesn't like swings :(




No comments:

Post a Comment