Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Pumpkin for Dogs

Pumpkin is an excellent natural way to help a dog with constipation or any type of bowel blockage. My Chihuahua tends to suffer from belly and poopie problems a lot and pumpkin is always a huge help.Last summer, my Chihuahua swallowed some stuffing from a toy and had to go to the vet. The vet said if he didn't pass it, he would have to have surgery. I gave him about a tablespoon of pumpkin three times a day, and after three days he had passed the toy stuffing! No need for surgery!

Unfortunately most of us don't have pumpkin on hand all the time and end up buying a big can that only gets half used. I saw a suggestion online that I thought we excellent - pumpkin ice cubes! Simply take some pumpkin, plop it in a ice cube tray, when frozen, just pop out and put in a freezer bag. :)


They look a little funky, but they work great. Now I will always have pumpkin on hand for when my furbabies need it!



No comments:

Post a Comment