Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Old Carpet

The upstairs carpet in the house I rent was really nasty. I really should have removed it last year, but was waiting until I had the time and money to replace it. The other day, I finally had enough of it and removed it all. The under pad was so old it was basically all dust when the carpet was removed. :( Yuck



So, I removed all the carpet in the hall and swept up all the dust and then washed the floor, several times.

So, now the upstairs smells MUCH better and is a cleaner environment, but obviously the floors really can't stay as they are.

So, I'm thinking I have some high quality floor paint, I'm gonna paint the floor to seal it in (and make it look better) and then caulk the edges to help cut down on dust, bugs, drafts etc., and then get some runner carpets. Much easier to keep clean. 

I'll let you know how the painting etc goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment