Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

I Just Want To Talk About the House ...

Oh man! I'm so friggin' excited! All I want to talk about is the place in Nova Scotia! No, it's not 101% yet ... it's 99%.. I shouldn't get my hopes up cause life happens ... but dam! it's perfect! Other than the driveway, which freaks me out, but we'll figure it out! Ok Coe Hill Guys! You thought my driveway in Coe Hill was nuts! Check this out! Its 700 - 800 feet long! So, what does everyone suggest? We shovelled the Coe Hill driveway ourselves by hand ... but it was hard work and took 4-8 hours depending on the snow/ice levels.The driveway in Coe Hill was what ... 300-400 feet? I think the Nova Scotia driveway is more flat than Coe Hill ... So, ATV with a snowplow? A couple of good gas snow blowers? ... what's the best approach?

Nova Scotia gets a lot of snow; however Google tells me it gets an average of 214cm of snow each winter and London, Ontario gets 194.3cm of snow each winter .... well, shit, I grew up in London, that's not so bad (That's like seven feet of snow .... ha ha ha ... I'm nuts!)



The house has everything I loved about Coe Hill, without everything I hated!

It has city hydro (thank you, thank you, thank you!.

It has electric or/and oil heat (so no lung infections from a woodstove)

It's three bedroom (It needs a fresh paint job and good cleaning

It's very private (It's actually more private than Coe Hill was, as Coe Hill had a close neighbour)

It's 50 acres! (Coe Hill was only 42)

Has two ponds ... which means ducks!

Is a ten minute walk to a variety store/market/bakery

and only an hour and a half walk to the city of New Glasgow or a ten minute drive

and of course has the same internet I had outside Sarnia, same internet I had in Coe Hill, same internet I have in Kingsclear, New Brunswick - Xplornet :)

and there is a water slide park a 15 minute drive away, and I can walk to the ocean in 4 hours or drive in 20 minutes.

And privacy! Yay! so much wonderful privacy! I think I said that already LOL

And it's mine! I can set up Faerie altars wherever I want! and Faerie paths! I can put the Pan Altar where I think the Pan Altra should go! Not out in the open, but somewhere dark, and hidden, but beautiful and magical!

My wonderful hens will be so happy to be able to freerange again! and forest freerange! and Nova Scotia weather is excellent for livestock as it doesn't get as extremely cold or hot as Ontario does. I'm hoping to get about 5-10 more hens when I get to Nova Scotia (plus some ducks!)

And the cats ... of boy, they HATE it here. I can only let them out for a few hours at night, when the neighbours are in bed. They are tough barncats, they like to be out working.

My dogs will also be overjoyed. Since moving to New Brunswick it's been 101% on leash, 50 acres means off leash running and exploring!

Do you think I'm excited? :) Geeeez, I hope I get this place!!! Fingers crossed! Hugs and love!






No comments:

Post a Comment