Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

New Brunswick Eggs from my Ontario Hens

Hi!

I am happy to report my lovely ladies have finally started to lay! Yay! Unfortunately, they are not up to their normal laying, bu at least it's something! I'm getting about one eggs a day instead of the four I should be getting.

Chickens are pretty fickle and they do not like change. Between the 18 hour drive here, a month locked in the barn for quarantine and now being penned, they are simply not happy :( It's tough to go from being free range and having acres and acres of land to run around on to being in a small pen. I feel so very bad for them.

I'm sure I'll have a new place in just a couple of months and then they'll be able to go back to being free range! I miss them terribly! I loved them knocking on my door and harassing me :)

I'm feeling slightly better today, still fighting the lung infection, but getting better daily. I am spending my afternoon watching MASH (just started season 3) and making bags on Zazzle. Check out my collection: (just hit on the words "bags' under the pics and it will take you to be Zazzle store collection :)



Hope you all have a great week! Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment