Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

End of August

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over! It's the end of August already! I look forward to fall as it means lots of online sales (for Christmas) and garden harvest time, but it also makes me a trifle sad, as I love summer!

Yesterday, while at the corner store, the Crossroads Country Market, I purchased a 5 pound box of local wild blueberries for $15. I already have a pile of blueberries in the freezer that I picked myself, but I figured an extra five pounds for jam would be fantastic! I heard of the news that it was a very bad blueberry year here in Nova Scotia, due to the lack of rain. I noticed the blueberries here on my property were much smaller and less juicy than last year. I hope the farmers don't lose out on huge money. Farming can be a rough job. I've also been purchasing local corn at the Crossroads Country market, but it's crazy expensive; $0.50 a cob! I'm a giant chump and my turkey poults LOVE the corn on a cob. One thing I do miss from Ontario is the low veggie prices during the summer. Veggies are much more expensive here. 


My three little chicks are growing fast and are no longer chicks or little! They are about two months old now and doing very well. I'm pretty sure that the frizzle (the one with the funny feathers) is a boy; his name is Fonzi, while the other two are girls. I really need another rooster so will be keeping Fonzi. 


Wishing you all a wonderful day! Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment